ROMO!
It is not yet official. We are having a sleepover tonight, but I think that he is going to be a Dawson. Doug has been talking about getting a dog since we moved into this house. I was pretty set against it. I have a pretty full plate as it is, but when I saw this little guy I just could not resist. He is about 3 years old, so we are already past all of that fun ;) puppy stuff. He is house trained, neutered and completey up to date on all of his vet stuff.
We were discussing the dog thing today and I was warming up to the idea. Doug grew up with miniature daschunds, so I said lets find a daschund breeder and also check with the humane society. Doug joked about getting a chihuaha and naming it Rico (Hannah Montana fans would understand.) We pulled into PetSmart to see if they had a list of breeders and human societies.... they were having a dog adoption event! We looked at all of the dogs and came to "Presley", a daschund/chihuaha mix!!! We spent an hour walking him, petting him, holding him and decided to bring him home for an overnight stay. His foster mom has small kids and said that he is great with them. So far, so good. He follows us around wagging his little tail and loves to have his back rubbed!
We were discussing the dog thing today and I was warming up to the idea. Doug grew up with miniature daschunds, so I said lets find a daschund breeder and also check with the humane society. Doug joked about getting a chihuaha and naming it Rico (Hannah Montana fans would understand.) We pulled into PetSmart to see if they had a list of breeders and human societies.... they were having a dog adoption event! We looked at all of the dogs and came to "Presley", a daschund/chihuaha mix!!! We spent an hour walking him, petting him, holding him and decided to bring him home for an overnight stay. His foster mom has small kids and said that he is great with them. So far, so good. He follows us around wagging his little tail and loves to have his back rubbed!
Maddie was very hesitant about getting a dog. She is not a dog person, but she is quickly warming up to him. She was sitting on the recliner watching a movie and he cuddled right up to her.
SO CUTE!


No comments:
Post a Comment